Wind and Light (07F-2)

Friday, there was just enough time between low tide and sunset to get a sculpture off. I'd have to be quick. I checked the sand Thursday after work and while the fine sand layer is thinner it's still there. The only question involved wind. Usually after a storm there's wind.

Friday morning was calm enough. I loaded what I needed on the cart and started walking to the beach around 1130. Gusts of wind gradually built until by the time I got to Venice the palm fronds were rattling and sand was bouncing along the ground. I almost bailed, but I was there, and maybe the wind would go down.

I got lucky. About an hour before sunset the wind died down and shifted to the west. The day ended cool, calm, and with very nice light.
















Comments:
BEAUTIFUL
AND
AMAZING!
 
Yes and yes. I can't remember the last time I watched you do one of these -- are you still going out every other Friday, Larry?

What kind of camera are you using, by the way?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?